Youth America Grand Prix
Eight aspiring KSCB dancers, put on their ballet shoes to perform with beauty and grace at the international 2016 Youth America Grand Prix (YAGP) ballet competition in Chicago this February. YAGP is the world’s largest ballet scholarship and network program. Students spent months preparing solos to showcase their technical and artistic talent for this event. Each KSCB student brilliantly executed their performance and garnered top positions within the prestigious competition.
These KSCB ballet dancers, ranging in age from eleven to eighteen, competed against more than 800 dancers from schools around the country to advance to the final competition. In addition to more than half the KSCB students placing in the Top-12 and Top 24 of their respective divisions, Rafael Valdez and Catherine Doherty advanced to the YAGP Ballet Finals in New York City.
Congratulations to these Kansas School of Classical Ballet dancers!
- Rafael Valdez (age 18)- 2nd Place from Cali,Colombia.
- Catherine Doherty (age 15)- 3rd Place Junior Division, from Lenexa, KS.
- Sarah Wilkerson (age 16)-Top 12 Senior Division, from Mission, KS, Bishop Miege High School Mariah Fleishman (age 15) – Top 12 Senior Division, from Overland Park, KS.
- Abigail Vaughn (age 16) Competitor from Raytown, MO, Raytown South High School.
- Isabel Thorton (age 15)-Top 24 Junior Division, from Leawood, KS, Notre Dame de Sion.
- Kate Johnston (age 15) Competitor, from Kansas City, MO.
- Maggie Crist (11)- Top 12 Pre-Competitive Division, Leawood, KS.