Created by Joseph Pilates, a physical therapy pioneer, this practice focuses on strengthening and stretching the body resulting in long, lean muscles.
Using specially designed equipment, Pilates offers low impact physical conditioning and creates a balance of strength and flexibility. An added focus on core stability and strength helps realign the entire body and counter the effects of gravity.
Practice results in improved overall strength, coordination, energy, and flexibility.
- Tones, strengthens, and lengthens muscles.
- Increases flexibility and range of motion.
- Improves balance and coordination.
- Improves posture and total body alignment.
- Enhances circulation and overall energy.
- Alleviates stress, tension, and fatigue.
- Boosts sports performance and stamina.
- Aids in weight loss.
- Develops body awareness.